The following are the results from a recent survey on the experiences of U.S. adults ages 21 and older,who have had a LASIK procedure within the past 5 years.
LASIK Improves One's Life
- 94% of patients agree that LASIK improved their lives.
- 40% of patients have noticed an improvement in their social lives.
- 40% of patients cite the convenience of not having to worry about caring for their eyewear as one of their top three motivating factors in their decison.
- 35% of patients belive that LASIK has improved their worklife.
- 90% of LASIK patients are satisfied with its effects on their vision.
- 4 out of 5 patients (80%) feel much happier since having the procedure.
Patients have Confidence in the Procedure
- 73% of patients felt knowledgeable or very knowledgeable about LASIK before having the procedure.
- 71% of patients thought about having LASIK for a year or more before having it performed - typically having it within 2 years of first considering it.
- 96% of patients agree that LASIK is a safe procedure.
- 97% of patients believe that LASIK is an effective procedure.
- 86% of patients had someone recommend the procedure to them.
- 93% say they would recommend LASIK to others.
LASIK and Safety
- 79% of patients feel safer with corrected vision.
- 63% say they feel more confident when they drive.
Participation in Sports
- More than 50% of LASIK patients say their ability to participate in sports and excercise was a top factor in motivating their decision to have LASIK.
- 74% of LASIK patients agree that they feel better able to participate in sports or fitness activities.
- Among those who are active in sports, 84% say they are better able to participate in sports post-surgery.
- Almost half of patients who are active in sports (47%) find that a benefit to having had LASIK is that they now have the freedom to play any sport they would like.
Contact us today to schedule your complimentary LASIK screening. 208.377.8899