The following are the results from a recent survey on the experiences of U.S. adults ages 21 and older,who have had a LASIK procedure within the past 5 years.
LASIK Improves One's Life
- 94% of patients agree that LASIK improved their lives.
- 40% of patients have noticed an improvement in their social lives.
- 40% of patients cite the convenience of not having to worry about caring for their eyewear as one of their top three motivating factors in their decison.
- 35% of patients belive that LASIK has improved their worklife.
- 90% of LASIK patients are satisfied with its effects on their vision.
- 4 out of 5 patients (80%) feel much happier since having the procedure.
Patients have Confidence in the Procedure
- 73% of patients felt knowledgeable or very knowledgeable about LASIK before having the procedure.
- 71% of patients thought about having LASIK for a year or more before having it performed - typically having it within 2 years of first considering it.
- 96% of patients agree that LASIK is a safe procedure.
- 97% of patients believe that LASIK is an effective procedure.
- 86% of patients had someone recommend the procedure to them.
- 93% say they would recommend LASIK to others.
LASIK and Safety
- 79% of patients feel safer with corrected vision.
- 63% say they feel more confident when they drive.
Participation in Sports
- More than 50% of LASIK patients say their ability to participate in sports and excercise was a top factor in motivating their decision to have LASIK.
- 74% of LASIK patients agree that they feel better able to participate in sports or fitness activities.
- Among those who are active in sports, 84% say they are better able to participate in sports post-surgery.
- Almost half of patients who are active in sports (47%) find that a benefit to having had LASIK is that they now have the freedom to play any sport they would like.
If you’re considering LASIK, the first step is to schedule a one-on-one free LASIK screening consultation with us. During your consultation we will provide OrbScan and WaveScan analysis, discuss treatment options, as well as any available insurance discounts and financing options. And, of course, we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
To schedule your complimentary LASIK screening consultation give us a call at (208)377-8899.