Eye exams are much more than an updated glasses or contact lens prescription. An eye exam can identify ocular irregularities which can lead to the diagnosis of an illness or systemic disease. Many illnesses and systemic diseases progress slowly over time, with no outward symptoms until the disease reaches advanced stages. That's why annual eye health exams are so important.
Annual comprehensive eye exams should be a part of everyone's preventative health care plan, regardless of age. Don't take your health for granted. Schedule an annual eye exam with one of our eye doctors.
Our Doctors Can Care For You And Your Whole Family
While all of our doctors perform comprehensive eye examinations and fit contact lenses, they all have areas of specialty within optometry. The doctors at Artisan Optics are specialists in pediatric vision, hard-to-fit contact lenses (multi-focal, keratoconus, RGP's, and toric contact lenses), computer vision syndrome, ocular disease, drug interactions and ocular side effects, developmental vision, and laser vision correction.
We invite you to meet our doctors and find the best fit for each member of your family.
Pre- and Post-Operative Care
With more than 20 years of experience co-managing refractive surgery, such as LASIK, Dr. Johnson will help you decide if LASIK is right for you. Dr. Johnson also works with difficult to fit contact lenses when surgery is not advised.
Schedule with Dr. Jeffrey C. Johnson
Pediatrics & Special Needs
Acute Care (Infection/Minor Emergencies)
Jill Kronberg, OD, FAAO is Idaho's first residency-trained pediatric optometrist. She has both the knowledge and experience to care for infants, toddlers, children of all ages, and people with special needs. Her exams are tailored to the age, and abilities, of the patient.
Schedule with Dr. Jill. A. Kronberg
Binocular Vision / Vision Therapy
Acquired Brain Injury
Ryan Johnson, OD, FAAO is Idaho's only optometrist with residency training in binocular vision, neuro-optometry, and vision therapy. He specializes in vision-related learning difficulties, sports vision, and acquired brain injury.
Schedule with Dr. Ryan C. Johnson
Video: What to Expect During an Eye Exam
Call 208.377.8899 or Book Online to Schedule an Appointment for You and Your Family!
Same Day Appointments Available
Have you been putting off your eye exam? Here are 5 reasons you should schedule an appointment with one of our eye doctors:
- Overall health – eye exams are much more than an updated glasses for contact lens prescription. During a comprehensive eye exam, our doctors check internal eye health and ocular structure to detect ocular disease, as well as affects of illness, systemic conditions, and prescription medications on the visual system.
- Visual acuity – it is not uncommon to experience a change in visual acuity (how clearly you see) that occurs gradually, over time. That's why it is important to have annual eye exams to detect changes in vision.
- Macular degeneration screening – there are two types of macular degeneration, dry macular degeneration and wet macular degeneration. Though there is no cure for macular degeration, early detection and treatment are critical to more effectively managing this disease.
- Glaucoma evaluation and screening – glaucoma is the leading cause of blindness and vision impairment in the United States. Glaucoma typically has no symptoms, which is why it is so important to have a glaucoma screening each year during your annual eye exam.
- Corneal health evaluation – corneal health can be compromised by ocular disease, infection, dry eye, or an injury. The condition of the cornea affects vision, and how clearly you see. For contact lens wearers this is especially important. Individuals with damaged corneas are less likely to be candidates for contact lens wear or refractive surgical procedures (LASIK or PRK).
Artisan Optics is a full-service eye care provider, offering a range of general optometry and surgical treatments. In addition to comprehensive eye examinations, our physicians perform LASIK surgery in Meridian / Boise, as well as PRK and monovision. Contact our practice today to learn more.
Other Services Offered by Artisan Optics